Wednesday 22 May 2019

My experience in demo teaching



Hello friends, here I am going to share my experience of  demo Teaching. Actually I have given two Demo lectures, first at Nandkuvarba Mahila College and second at Sardar Patel Education Institute (Golden Star package).
I was very excited when I gave my first demo lecture at NMC. The staff of NMC had given me topic of Criticism before a week for better preparation, so that I can deal with the class easily. I have to prepare myself for "Functions of Criticism" by T.S Eliot. I have read through many sources and prepared one powerpoint presentation, even if there is no facility of projector. Then I have made hard copy of my slides to teach in non-technical classroom.



Function of Criticism: T.S Eliot from Hema Goswami

I have to deliver lecture around 45 minutes but unfortunately I have finished my topic in 20 minutes and in other 20 minutes I do just interaction. That time students have exams after attending demo lectures, so their half mind is in exam only. That's why they are not so much attentive in class. I notice one thing that student who is sitting in back benches are continuously talking. To catch their attention I have started talking about films because mostly students of young age are fond of films. Then suddenly they have started giving more attention and also answering to my question. My two competitors are PhD Degree holders. So, I was little bit nervous, but when the stage is provided to deliver lecture, then I built full of confident because the stage is not new for me, I used to give presentations during my Masters, I used to spoke in front of many students and teachers. Therefore I gave my best and it was really very amazing experience. I was not selected as a lecturer there and it doesn't make any difference because the process is important then the end result. I have learnt so many new things and that is my fruit of success.


Second time I went to to give Demo lecture at Sardar Patel Institute for High School Teacher. The process is different than NMC because they have not given any book or material earlier to prepare. We have to prepare on the spot before one hour. They have shown me two books and I can select any book of my interest and any chapter or poem from it. I have selected "Vistas", NCERT English book of class 12th. I was lucky because this is the same book which I have studied during my 12th. So I have selected one chapter that is "The Tiger King". I still not forget this chapter because during my study I have learnt "The Tiger King" with full of focus. There I have 30 minutes only but I gave my best and was selected. My main aim is to gain experience of teaching only because I am fresher and wherever you apply experience is must required. There my competitor is much experienced man but because of his low pitch he is not selected. To deal with class full of students around 40, you need high pitch. Now the real journey begins. Now we are in market and we should know that where we stand and what is the value of our education.
Many friends are shocked because they think that I will deal with college only. They used to say that "You are SET clear, so you can get government job easily", the truth is nothing can achieve easily. This is only the first step and you know the lines from Robert Frost's poem "Stopping by woods on a snowy evening" :-
"Miles to go before I sleep........" that is very much applicable to any person.


7 comments:

  1. All the best for your journey as a teacher👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best for your journey as a teacher👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. 👍


    All the best for future journey .....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a lot Disha, Niyati, Creation urf Reena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Hema, well said! Your indomitable spirit is appreciable and condemnable. You will definitely acheive your dreamt position if worked appropriately and proper dedication as you seem so. Best wishes for my seniors' senior...

    ReplyDelete